Nairobi - the start of the tour


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Nairobi Province
September 17th 2009
Published: October 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

The departure day finally arrived. After a long day of flying Fiona and I finally arrived in Nairobi airport, luckily with all our our belongings, including my hat which I accidently left on the plane and had to get someone to radio over to get it personally sent down to me, woops! It turned out that we had been on the same flight as 6 or 7 other people who were about to start our tour, so we all travelled to the hotel together - everyone was really nice.

The following day was the first official day of the tour, but we weren't due to meet our tour guides until later on. Instead, they had arranged for us to be driven about by a couple of local guides. We went to an elephant orphanage where we watched lots of baby elephants (some as young as a few days old!) being fed. We then went to a giraffe sanctuary where we were able to feed (and kiss!) the giraffes!

Later that evening, we had our welcome meeting where we offically met everyone on the tour - 23 of us in total - and our guide/cook, Elbie, and the driver, Wimpy. The following morning we headed off bright and early, at 6.30 out of Kenya and into Tanzania.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb