Roads, glorious roads


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a couple of days of recovery (and some shenanigans, ie. Wrestlemania 2007) in Moshi and Arusha, Simon went back to London and we met up with Sarah, and then set off on safari. ‘Twas a very nice, quiet week in between two extreme ones. It was, however, another week of being dirty, sleeping in tents and eating the same food, causing me to go on strike and refuse to eat eggs and sausages for breakfast anymore.

We did a four day safari, stopping in three places: Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. Unfortunately we missed out on seeing the tree-climbing lions which Manyara is well-known for, but it was excellent anyway. Serengeti is very similar to Masai Mara, and there are fewer animals there at this time of year, as a lot migrate to Masai Mara (which we saw earlier in the year). It did provide the highlight of the safari, however, in that we saw lion cubs (there were a thousand and one baby animals around). And Ngorongoro is a massive crater, packed with animals, which has a spectacular view from the crater rim.

Slightly unusual highlight of the week: driving on nice roads (see picture). It’s basically unheard of in Kenya for a road to be smooth, and I don’t think I’ve seen more than one or two with lines, so Tanzania was a very nice place to visit!

Anyway, even though you saw some animal pictures last time, here’s a few more…



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

WrestlemaniaWrestlemania
Wrestlemania

Whitley and Simon, not breaking curtain rails
Oh the roads...Oh the roads...
Oh the roads...

Small things amuse small minds
Olduvai GorgeOlduvai Gorge
Olduvai Gorge

Had a stop off here on the way
Demons lizardDemons lizard
Demons lizard

At least someone's still supporting the dees with me...
The lion cubsThe lion cubs
The lion cubs

I'm interested in talking to anyone who will sell me one


8th October 2007

After all we've been through...
you go and put THAT photo on your blog. Shame on you Brigid, shame on you...

Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb