On Safari


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Tsavo NP
March 15th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On Safari

 Africa » Kenya » Tsavo National Parks E W By Mad Greek
March 15th 2007
Nicholas John Nakis
My folks arrived around 4:00 AM on a Wednesday morning, and we only had three days to show them Kenya.

We started in Chelly's original hometown of Voi. Voi is a foothills town in the Taita Taveta corner of Coast Province--noted for its access to Tsavo East and Tsavo West, which together compose the largest wildlife park in Africa. After introducing all the parents to one-another and giving them the better part of a day to rest, we headed out into that park for the Nakis family's first Safari.

We were grossly over-charged at the gate and we ended up with a dinky car in place of the sweet Safari-vans that most people had, but it was great fun and we did manage to spy a few critters (even though we couldn't leave the car to grab them).

Enjoy the pictures!


(Just a sidenote here, about large animals. I think all the Hippos and Rhinos were in a different part of the park when we came, and the Lions were asleep. We saw some Zebras and Giraffes from the bus, but we couldn't get decent pictures. Oh well, Baboons are sweet.)


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

There're Elephants out thereThere're Elephants out there
There're Elephants out there

(but I don't think they trust us)
Some big birds out thereSome big birds out there
Some big birds out there

(we weren't allowed any closer)


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb