Final Moments in Africa


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Coast Province » Malindi
September 14th 2009
Published: September 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In the last two-three weeks in kenya, i participated in a youth day in Mombasa, i was facilitating the football side of things which ended up on a twenty on twenty football match when there was only sixty people there! i also built a school from wooden poles and mud! it was really good fun, when they said the village was abit out of community it was 1 hour from malindi by bus and 1 hour by walking through the jungle!! it was very good fun and very messy! Had my end of programme interview where i got 5 goods and 4 excellents out of nine possible solutions. We went for a whole group dinner at a local swahili restaurant, which was very cheap! the next night i went out with the omari project team for a dinner at a seafood restaurant which was very nice. They tried to convince me stay in Kenya, however through recent difficulties of paying salary(they hadnt paid anyone for two months!) i decided against it, i did say though if they could sort it out, ill be happy to go back for a year and work for them. The flight was nine hours long. I had a trully amazing time, thank you for everyone who gave me the money to go on it, the host homes and work placements and for the welcoming people of both glasgow and Kenya.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb