Farwell Cold!


Advertisement
Kenya's flag
Africa » Kenya » Central Province
July 20th 2009
Published: July 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last day in Mukeu.

I was feeling mostly better, still a bit tired, but good other than that. We did some random stuff around the school, including lots of weeding and installing the new stoves that we bought. This also required putting trusses on the cookhouse and reroofing.

We had some sweets leftover, but not enough to give to all the students, so we left them with the staff. They were so excited! At the end of the day, they threw us sort of a party. We did the skit again, and the students did one for us. Each of us was presented a gift by one of the staff members, and both the principal and Pastor John gave little speeches. It was very nice.

Afterwards, we were freezing our butts off, but they have a tradition of having all of the guests plant a tree. It was the first tree I’ve planted, and it was a picanus africanus or something like that.

Our last night was good. Just hanging out with the ladies and the kids and enjoying our time. We’re all packed and ready to go! Going to the warmer climate of Nairobi sounds nice, though the hospitality here was great.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb