complaints, frustrations, and the weekend


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana
September 28th 2009
Published: September 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Im going to rapid fire off a list of frustrations to vent a moment. If you arent interested in thatthen my weekend description will be below..
Frustrations.. Im sick of:
1)teh fact that the bureaucracy here is incredible. We are in the sixth week of class and still doing basic regristration crap.
2) the feeling that if i dont go to class it wont matter because i wont have learned anything anyways.
3) The assumption by a lot of people that Obroni will just pay for everything. People do not understand that while people in the diaspora make more money their cost of living is proportionately higher.. especially for students.
4) the feeling that i am constantly being ripped off. not even because people necessarily need the money, its more to see if i will just let them do it.
5) religion being stuffed down my throat all the time: by students who preach before lecturers show up (if they show up at all) , by people yelling outside my hostel at 5:30 am trying to wake everyon4e up woiththe word or what have you. by constantly being asked if im christian and if so why havnt you come to my church this that or the other thing.
6) constantly being asked why i do things this way and not that way.
7) Ghana man time which means that however sincere someone sounds, they will show up two hours later than they told you.
8) the constant feeling like i am on the verge of getting malaria. I wish i could just have it and be done at this point! I dont have enough energy to go adventure, but i dont want to stay in bed.
9) finding mold in the most unlikely places due to the outrageous humididty of the season.

My weekend was good, we didnt travel because we are all broke and needed to save some money. It was nice to be around for the weekend though, and very restfull.

i played some cricket which was hilarious because no one knew what they were doing. We also went to the rasta guys studio because im featuring on one of thier tracks. im going again today in fact to finish it up because the power went out mid session last time. The band is called 024 and they are on yourtube so check it out. Im siinging in a local language called Ewe, so its pretty nifty. Ill let you know when its realeased along with the music video ( which i will aparently be in).. it should be next month sometime!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The beautiful eveningThe beautiful evening
The beautiful evening

The night we sunk was gorgeous
SinkingSinking
Sinking

Thanks to a water proof camera, this photo survived of us actually sinking...


30th September 2009

Glad You Vented
Glad you were able to vent and get your frustrations out in the open. In fact, the place sounds incredibly disorganized and not somewhere I would like to travel. Really enjoyed your beautiful and interesting pictures. That boating incident was very scary! Interested in knowing more about your sound track and how to be able to hear it. Your dad was here visiting for five days and we had a wonderful time. He got a chance to touch base with everyone in the family. Of course, we watched a Pomona Men's Team soccer game and walked around the college campuses. All the days he was here it was around 100 degress and as soon as he left the temperature dropped. And he went home to near frost conditions!! Take care. Much Love!

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb