Day Thirty-One; Saturday, April 5 '08


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Volta » Ho
April 5th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woke up (sleeping on the floor...gross!) after the concierge called three times before 7:00. We finally left for Kokrobite and faced awful traffic when leaving Accra. When we did arrive to Big Milly's Backyard, I must say that I was not impressed. The ocean was filthy and our room stunk like pee, but hey, it's Africa!

We hit the beach immediately and I played with a rasta's son named Ayi. We played in the ocean and he repeated absolutely everything I said. The weather was cloudy but being this close to the equator you tan anyways.

When we ate dinner I met a guy from England who is travelling from France all the way down to South Africa and will be climbing five mountains and running five marathons on the way to raise money for charity. It downpoured for over two hours and we danced in the rain to Tom Petty songs which was super fun. The evening consisted of a super crazy reggae party with Ayi, the rasta son, staying up until the wee hours with us. His dad actually makes him sleep during the day so he can stay up with him all night.

ME A DO GO!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb