Adeventures in Bolga...


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Upper East » Bolgatanga
October 21st 2006
Published: October 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are on another mini adventure and it is great. We left Tamale yesterday at 12.30 on a very packed tro-tro. We were singled out and pushed on to the tro-tro to fill it up. It is very hard trying not to be conspicuous, our blessed white skin stands out a mile. We are happy to just muck in with everyone esle but we kept being 'hohored'. It is indeed humble to be looked after so much by so many people.
Anyway we were reserved the back seat of the tro tro so that all 5 of us could sit together, a very nice gesture you might think. While it is indeed a nice gesture, the point of it is that someone had to be kicked out of their seat to allow us to sit together. While we were trying to make the appropriate gestures and signals to suggest that we did not mind not sitting together a very loud 'argument' broke out and after much shouting and general gesticulating, the poor gentleman was removed from his seat. Obviously in these circumstances what you wou7ld like to do in these circumstances is make yourself as small and inconspicuous as possible. If you did not have your own mini warring tribe, that might just be possible.
Our children were intent on gaining as much attention as possible. In between singing the slightly irreverent 'London Underground' song, fighting with each other and generally making as much noise as possible, they were quiet llittle angels. We received several glares which I tried my best to flutter my eyelashes and give them my best disarming smile. It seems to have worked, we did get off the bus alive....
Bolga is lovely. A quieter calmer version of Tamale and we have enjoyed walking through the streets. We have done much today but i have run out of time, so will write again soon.
Take care, love always.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.206s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb