Tree Tops to Cloud tops


Advertisement
Ghana's flag
Africa » Ghana » Greater Accra
December 11th 2015
Published: December 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

11/12/15 we travel to our canopy walkway at National Park, a cool structure & fairly easy place to get cool photos, my foh meant I wimped out of going no hands for very long. no animals sighted, nor birds, only Danish women. Drive onto our camp in the grounds of a prespetarion church in Koumassi. 12/12/15 Next morning head out to the cultural centre, despite a cool little museum of the Ashanti people's most other workshops were closed on a Saturday hah. I spend the remainder of the daytime in Koumassi's huge market (largest in WA), most of which is rooted on the old train station its tracks. Anything from truck springs, bananas & panties to leopard skins & monkey skulls. Go out that evening with Adam & Mike to Vienna City, chain of bar/club.



Next day 13/12/15 reach Accra by 2pm to stay @ the sleepy hippo (in beds!) take a stroll around the near area of town an get a hair cut (15 cedi's). End up in Vienna City again! with Tommy for some goodbye pool and drinks. 14/12/15 end of OLWA trip Next morning head out to meet my couchsurfing host Joe, rasta man living in the Nima district, we spend the afternoon at the beach and the evening at his dance group rehearsal which is ace, managed by a guy named George previous session musician for peter Gabrielle ; resident of Islington of 30 years has helped the group to 40 members which are contracted out to European events on occasion. After some ace local chicken and spiced rice for 5 cedi's I enjoy a fairly uncomfortably hot sweaty night as Nima's power clocked off hah. Next day 15/12/15 gather some supplies for Ethiopia and nip to see a local school Joe helps out at in Nima. Get to the Airport for 10 and enjoy a flight on a snazzy plane, Ethiopian airlines Dreamliner to Addis, spare seat and movies, good job. Arrive in Addis +3 shortly before 9pm stamped in for 50usd and taxi to couchsurfing host Million, legendary multi lingual tour guide and house designer. I crash at his place, 16/12/15, get treated to an ethio coffee at breakfast and head out to run some errands, bus ticket, & post office amongst the agenda, return to Million's and organise early bird taxi before eating locally at the ambitiously named international tennis club, nice trad food though. 17/12/15 Catch my posh Salem bus @ 5.30am to Gondar for 460 brr, some picturesque pee stops and a route with some stunning views.Hit Gondar before 6pm and find the intended hotel fit with excited trek group.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb