#20 Ethiopia


Advertisement
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region » Addis Ababa
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

TIME: Well Ethiopia has been the most out there place we have visited yet. We were even here for Ethiopian New Year's celebrations which were on the 11th of September this year. We left year 2002 and entered 2003. The fireworks went for 15 minutes and were really world class. Also they have their own time system too. 6am is their 12oclock and 8am is their 2oclock and so on. Then 6pm is 12:00... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 100, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




13th September 2010

If you are going to Abu Dhabi? I have an acquaintance whose daughter teaches school there. Let me know asap. RE: layover.How about using the time to editing and labeling your pictures? Gosh- that airport sounds terrible: Hre are some highights: "This airport is far too small for the number of passengers, there is very little air conditioning, the shops all sell the same stuff, so really there is only one shop in effect, and it is impossible to buy hot food anywhere. The staff are mostly fairly unhelpful and the toilets are a disgrace. The main problem is the lack of comfortable seating for passengers with a long stay in the terminal. No restaurant facilities, just a bar and a snack bar, both overcrowded. The chairs were removed after the attack on Nairobi with bombs, so all the chairs were removed so that nothing could be left there. the chairs were removed after the attack on Nairobi with bombs, so all the chairs were removed so that nothing could be left there. The arrangements for security in International Departures mean that passengers who have passed through electronic screening and then buy water or duty free alcohol airside are still very likely to have this confiscated at a second security at the departure gates unless they can produce their receipts for the purchase. No airport signs or verbal warnings from shopkeepers alert passengers to this. This leads to a considerable stockpile of water and alcohol, the destination of which is unclear, while passengers dehydrate in departure lounges which are too small for the planes which they serve. For folks with a long in airport wait for ongoing flights its wise to book into one of the special lounges. The restaurant on floor 5 is good. By the way - if you have to wait for a connecting flight you won't get a meal voucher unless you ask for it, that is if your flight qualifies for one. You can pay $20 for 3 hours ( negotiate if you need longer) access to a first class lounge with comfortable seating, drinks and snacks, located near Gate 6."

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb