Adis Ababa - Day 66


Advertisement
Ethiopia's flag
Africa » Ethiopia » Addis Ababa Region » Addis Ababa
November 18th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Being Sunday there was not a lot that we could usefully achieve in Adis. However, we moved out of our Nostarminus hotel and set off in search of somewhere just a little more comfortable to spend the next two nights.

The first hotel we found was nice, but too far out of the centre of things, so we gave it a miss. There was a guest house we had heard of in a central position but, once we had found it, it turned out to be full of Europeans (Italians?) and they had no room for us. On to the next - same thing. But they did recommend a new guest house just up the main drag. We found this place - it was on the 8th floor of a high rise building! It was a little bit more expensive but there were no other guests and each of the rooms was newly furnished and had little kitchenettes in them. So we went for this option.

The management team, a young bunch, could not have been more helpful and welcoming - I think possibly because they do not get all that much trade. Another advantage was that there was secure parking for our vehicles in the basement - a very big plus. Anyway, we settled in and set about the admin chores this day of rest afforded us.

It was nice to find several good supermarket shops along this main drag where we will be able to get provisions before we depart. Chris found a super Indian restaurant within walking distance where we had an excellent curry before retiring.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.27s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb