Desert Scenes


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai
July 11th 2001
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

On the way to the Sinai, we stopped by the memorial for the President who was killed while making a speech for the Unknown Soldier.

Going through the Suez Canal was pretty funny. It looked as though all of the ships were sailing over the sand. We found a nice little Oasis too, which we stopped in for a little while. It looked deserted, and as soon as we stepped off the bus, we were surrounded by little kids. They were so cute....

We stayed in a dorm style hotel, surrounded by the mountains of the Sinai. The pool was in the shape of a cross, and all of the rooms were same sex dorms. I liked it there, as it was a little different from the accommodation we had experienced on the trip so far.

After we had settled into the dorms, we took a little swim, but it was pretty chilly! That night we all chilled out by sitting by the campfire listening to some Egyptian music.

We got up at 2am, and headed to Mt Sinai. The climb took a few hours, and when we reached the top, we waited, and were then met by a beautiful sunrise over the mountains. I didn't think I would enjoy it that much, but it was well worth it.

We went back to the hotel to shower, and then we went back to Mt Sinai to look around at St Catherine's Monastary. We got to see the Monk's who lived inside, some human bones, and The Burning Bush. I was excited to be in a place that is so historic to so many people from all different cultures.

After that we went back to the hotel to pack our things, and went to the port of Nuiweeba to catch the hydrofoil to Aqaba in Jordan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb