Day 13 - Dahab


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Sinai » Dahab
September 6th 2008
Published: September 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Up early again and had breakfast with Matt, Kat and Derek who appear to be the other early risers before we head off to Dahab. Our departure was delayed somewhat as there were quite a few sore heads after the farewell drinks last night.

The bus ride was one of most uncomfortable for the trip as we were in quite a small bus on perhaps the bumpiest road in Egypt with the craziest Egyptian behind the wheel. If we thought that driving in Cairo was bad it was nothing compared with letting them loose on the highway. We were doing at least 140 km/h on a road that in Aus would be rated for 80.

After 8 hours on the bus we arrived in Dahab. What a beautiful place. Our hotel is the nicest so far and is right on the water. After everyone is settled in we head out for dinner in one of the lovely restaurants that sit right on the water for a great seafood dinner.

Michelle and I head into the markets after dinner to replace Graham's togs that we lost on the Nile somehow. The people here are so much more relaxed and easy going than in the rest of Egypt. It is off to bed now as we are quite tired after the journey here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb