Sharm el Sheikh


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Sharm el-Sheikh
October 23rd 2007
Published: July 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sharm El Sheikh is a city on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula and what a dump! The Cruise Port was miles away from the town so we caught a shuttle bus at a cost of £12. All we got was hassle from the moment we arrived. The town consisted of a KFC, Hard Rock Cafe, and some hotels. The internet cafes were all closed. We managed to find a one man band with a laptop and he kindly allowed us to post our blogs for Cairo and Suez (for a fee of course).

This is a relatively new development with plenty of buildings going up. Hardly anything is finished except for the Mosque. There were some nice hotels on the coast but these were largely for guests only. Everything of interest is under the sea. In retrospect we should have used some of our "credit" and gone on a glass bottomed boat or snorkeling trip as this is what Sharm is all about. We had a quick walk around, M got the mandatory T -shirt and then we caught the shuttle bus back to the ship for lunch. We will put this one down to experience, and if we ever return here we will do some water-based tourism.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb