Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Red Sea » Sharm el-Sheikh
July 14th 2002
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Beach Holiday in Egypt (Sharm El Sheikh)



For our second holiday together we went to sunny and hot Egypt.
More precisely to Sharm El Sheikh in the Sinaï region.
We stayed 2 weeks in hotel Holiday Inn****.


From there we made some trips in the Sinaï region.
The rest of our time we relaxed at the beach or at 1 of the 4 huge pools.
In front of the hotel there was a private "hotel"-reef where we could snorkel all day long! The reef was really superb!! All kinds of fishes with all kinds of colours you can imagine.


Our hotel was in Shark Bay, between the airport and Naama Bay.
Naama Bay is the main tourist resort of Sharm El Sheikh, with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. There is even a Hard Rock Café! Also a hot spot overthere is the nightclub Bus Stop.
In brief, Naama Bay is the place after sunset!


Trips we did during this holiday:


- 4x4 Tour into the beautiful desert of the Sinaï. We visited the Saint Catherine's Monastery, one of the oldest monasteries in the world.
We also did a trekking of 3 hours in the Coloured Canyon. At some places, the rocks of this canyon have crystalline colors, at others, they have a smooth velvety appearance.
Afterwards we've spent a short time at the beach of Nuweiba.


- Snorkling in Ras Mohamed National Park, one of the best spots for snorkling in Egypt.
Really wonderful overthere!!


- a 2-day trip to Caïro.
We visited Egyptian Museum with lots of Egyptian masterpieces such as The gold mask of Tutankhamon. Other visits: the Citadel of Salah el Din, the Mohammed Ali-Mosque and the Nile.
Just outside Caïro we went to the Step Pyramid of Sakkarah and Memphis, the ancient capital of Lower Egypt.

And finally, we visited the highlight of Egypt: the pyramids and the Sphinx of Gizeh. A must see in your life!! One of the most impressive places we have ever been.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb