Pyramids and Sphinx


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
February 7th 2009
Published: March 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 12. For breakfast I had coffee and two cheese omelettes which were so good. Today we visited the Step Pyramid, the Sphinx and the Great Pyramids of Giza. We went to the Step Pyramid first. The Step Pyramid is not really a pyramid. When we visited the Step Pyramid, there were many dogs laying down in the sand. It has four "steps". In the afternoon we visited the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. We saw the three pyramids which were close to each other. We went to a place where you could get a nice picture with the pyramids in the background. The place was crowded with visitors and locals selling camel rides and items. When Grandma was getting ready to take my picture, a local man walked right up next to me, wanting to get in the picture. Grandma told him to go away but he would'nt so we moved away. The man followed us but finally went away. (He did this so that he could charge you for taking his picture.)
There were so many camels! All of the pyramids are different sizes. The Great Pyramid is the tallest and the other two are smaller. We were able to touch one of the pyramids, it was so cool! I had my camera around my wrist, in my pocket and a security man came up to me. He asked to take a picture of me and reached for my pocket to grab the camera! Grandma and I told him no and walked away. Only one of the three pyramids have an outter layer of the orginal limestone left. On a pyramid, there are two outter layers of limestone and huge blocks of rock in the middle. On the pyramid that has an outer layer only has a very, very little amount of limestone. At night there is light show with many people. We didn't go to the light show. The light show includes the three pyramids and the Sphinx. The lights are many different colors.
We left the pyramids and headed toward the Sphinx which is so close to the pyramids. When we arrived at the Sphinx, we got our picture taken as a group of nine. After we got our picture taken, there was a camera crew, a live Egyptian TV show. They asked us questions about our first experience in Egypt and our first reaction to the pyramids and Sphinx. When we were done, we walked closer to the Sphinx, about 200 feet away. We left the Sphinx and started to drive to the Railway Station. Arriving at the station we waited for about 30-45 minutes. The train arrived and we went into our cabin. Grandma and I were in one and Grandpa was alone in the other. We were connected to each other. We were in the third section. We were served rice, beef, dessert, vegetables and a roll. I ate all of the beef and a bite of rice. We went to bed, bunkbeds, and Iwoke up later and got sick and had diaharea. It was my first train overnight and ten hours long.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb