Sun, Sailing and Scenery in Egypt!


Advertisement
Egypt's flag
Africa » Egypt » Lower Egypt » Giza
November 29th 2007
Published: November 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Time to eat again.......Time to eat again.......Time to eat again.......

Our Private Arabian dinner on Princess Amira Island
Hi everyone,

The last blog was getting to be too long (especially with all the photos), so I thought that Egypt deserved a 2-part blog!

During the day in Luxor, we returned to the hotel to enjoy a lunch on a Felucca; we sailed along the Nile and it was most enjoyable (yes, even I enjoyed lunch on a sailboat! Art, I was thinking that YOU should rightfully have been the one here, instead of me! But I did enjoy a glass of wine and toasted you!) I am getting quite good at being "on water"; who knew???????

Later that evening, we (once again) got on a boat and sailed to Princess Amira Island for a private Arabian dinner, which included entertainment and a folklore show. Quite a magical evening.

The next morning, we were up early and on the bus heading to the airport. Luxor was a pleasant stay for everyone, but exhausting. Too much of a good thing, one could say! Time to head to Cairo where we will fly in, hop a bus, head to the pyramids, back to the bus and on the plane heading to Prague. Another long day, but a special
Lunch on a Felucca!Lunch on a Felucca!Lunch on a Felucca!

Sailing the Nile, while dining! Wow!
one for many people who had the pyramids high on their "dream list" of places to see in the world.

The biggest surprise, I believe, for many people is that the pyramids are located right on the edge of the city. Most people (me included last year) thought they would be out in the desert somewhere. But no, they are right there! And the commercialism around the pyramids is something to see........little booths where you can buy "stuff", pay for a camel ride or a ride in a horse/buggy, etc. etc. The crew came along with us to see the pyramids; they always add such joy when they are around!

However, that does not take away from the majesty of the pyramids themselves! Beautiful! Incredible! A sight to behold!

More pictures for you to enjoy.........

Once we left the pyramids, we headed back to the airport, arriving at mid-afternoon. Then we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. The incompetency at the airport was less than amusing, as we were delayed because of security (or lack of staff at security gates, actually). Go to Gate 7; no, got to Gate 1; sit down, stand up.........etc. etc. Quite comical if you relax and look at it from a different perspective! But when you've had 2 long days in a row, some people fail to see the humor. Oh well..........we always know we have a phenomenal crew on board, waiting to welcome us and to provide us with the traditional champagne!

And then, on to Prague........one of my favorite places on this tour!

Bye for now!

(Good night, Mom! I love you!)

Happy Pat



Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Sailing the Nile.......Sailing the Nile.......
Sailing the Nile.......

and another gorgeous day! The weather on this tour has been perfect.......just the way Travel Guild plans it!
Oh those Bradleys........Oh those Bradleys........
Oh those Bradleys........

Loving every minute of this!
You, too, could be here!You, too, could be here!
You, too, could be here!

www.privatejettours.ca!!!!!!!
Hey, Art!  Check out Fay's bag.......Hey, Art!  Check out Fay's bag.......
Hey, Art! Check out Fay's bag.......

It's from Stratford Festival! It's been around the world with us.
Susan and Seth..........Susan and Seth..........
Susan and Seth..........

Geez, we'd better NOT be on the Titanic! Where's my life jacket??????????
Our welcome to the IslandOur welcome to the Island
Our welcome to the Island

Hope no one gets voted off! ha ha
Happy Anniversary, Jack and Shirley Cates!Happy Anniversary, Jack and Shirley Cates!
Happy Anniversary, Jack and Shirley Cates!

It's their 58th anniversary. What an inspiration, and what a beautiful couple!


29th November 2007

Prague
More jeans this year?????
20th March 2008

Great sailer
A great international yachtsailer is leaving Egypt. Thanks Ron Krommenhoek we wish you all the best. The crew

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb