Day 2


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic
December 17th 2010
Published: December 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today I went to the capital of the DRC: Kinshasa. There, I learned about their culture,economy, government, art, and music. Music: Kwasa-kwasa is the local music, which can be heard very often by the local natives. Here the music dances are quite popular in the area, which is accompanied with musical instruments like the thumb piano and drums. Congo jazz and soukous is some of the pouplar tunes that are played along with a guitar. Mbuti natives have set along their own style of vocal tunes, which is widely accepted within the area. The art revolotion was started with the boom in the copper industry within the southern region of Katanga, a traditional art form was still maintained within the region wherein portraits were drafted within a copper sheet, thereby enclosed with clays and textures. Several recognized African state heads have imprinted their portrait on this metal. One can look out for handcraft-based arts, mats made of raffia palm trees, woodcarvings, paintings, baskets, jewelry, and masks. Paintings created during the post independence war period expresses themes based on exploitation, poverty, and inequality. Its government is based on the republic form of government. Their economy is too difficult to explain. Their natural rescoures are cobalt, copper, niobium, tantalum, petroleum, industrial and gem diamonds, gold, silver, zinc, manganese, tin, uranium, coal, hydropower, timber.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb