Congolese SNDs Online


Advertisement
Congo, Democratic Republic of the's flag
Africa » Congo Democratic Republic » West » Kinshasa
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Communication is so important for an international religious congregation. The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur live and work in 16 countries in Africa, Japan, Europe, North and South America and Europe. In the past it used to take up to two weeks for important communications from our generalate in Rome to reach the Congo. Now because of the Photovoltaic Project the Congolese Sisters have dependable electricity and internet access. In some of the more remote sections of the country, they share this capability with the people of the village in cybercafes. You can read all about this project on our congregational website. Just click on this link -- http://www.snddencongokin.org/photovoltaique.html.

All of the Congolese Sisters in this summer program are taking a class in computer skills. They are learning First Class, a program which supports an intranet among all SNDs throughout the world, Microsoft Word, Skype and general internet usage. Here are some photos of them working at their computers. The teacher in the third photo is Sister Margaret Lanen from Boston. Enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



22nd July 2012

I'll be following
Jo-Ann and all, thanks for this up to the minute reporting on the PACE program at Kimwenza. I'll be following and offering my support. I am making arrangements to travel to the four photovoltaic sites in September-October for upgrades to the systems, and hope to see many of the sisters then.
23rd July 2012

Thanks
Hi Lorraine, So glad you've logged onto the blog. We're having a great experience with the Sisters here. Hope all is well at home. Jo-Ann
22nd July 2012
Photo 4

Thanks
Jo-Ann, What a delight to be sharing your journey via your blog. Thanks for the updates. One question: why do the Congolese sisters all wear head pieces? My blessings to all, Beryl
25th July 2012
Photo 4

Thanks
Thanks, Beryl. So glad you're enjoying the blog. Hope all is well back home. Jo-Ann

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb