VftK Issue 3 - Just like being at Hove....


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East
October 22nd 2009
Published: October 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mike-on-mike at the GABSAMike-on-mike at the GABSAMike-on-mike at the GABSA

Mike G takes a turn as ground commentator/DJ during the big clash between Botswana and Zimbabwe
As we go to press we are unsure of the result of tonight's big match at the GABSA as we had to leave before finish. This was in part due to rain(well what passes for it at this time of the year in Botswana) delaying the start of play and then, of all things, a floodlight failure part way through the Zimbabwe reply - something you never see in Sussex.........

Once the generator radiator was refilled, play restarted and the spectre of Duckworth Lewis receded. We didn't get to see our two BCA coaches - Obert and Innocence - bat but doubtless they will tell us tomorrow of how brilliant or unlucky they were.

However big news of the evening is the potential signing of Mikey Griggs as Ground Commentator at the GABSA. He performed a short stint this evening and an extended trial during the big sub-continental clash tomorrow night - Pakistan vs India - may lead to contracts being exchanged. Watch this space.

On the vital statistics front with today's totals of

14 Coach training Sessions
72 Child training Sessions

Our running totals are

Coaches :- 69 sessions delivered
Children :- 335 sessions delivered

Will's Wednesday blog was published earlier today so Veronique's Thursday blog will come out some time tomorrow. Friday's blog will come from the combined pens of Michael and Veronika Reeves.

That's all for now


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ravi takes a drag and a stretchRavi takes a drag and a stretch
Ravi takes a drag and a stretch

Botswana's 'Mr Cricket' (and good friend to CWBers) relaxes(?) as they attempt to fix the floodlights at the GABSA.


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb