Wellness day at Gaborone cricket club


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
October 21st 2010
Published: October 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

WEDNESDAY IS WELLNESS DAY
Africa is a continent of contrast, not dissimilar to ‘The nine’ who on their third full day sampled the highs and lows of this bewitching country of Botswana. The nine are definitely not ‘The A team’, ‘The Magnificent Seven’ or ‘The Dirty Dozen’, possibly somewhere in-between, a mixture of Beauty and the Beast’., ‘Country File’, ‘Only Fools and Horses’ ‘Last of the Summer Wine’, ‘Desperate Housewife’s’ & Grumpy Old Men’
Wednesday was no exception to a day of contrast , with the Mr. Fraser Tlhoiwe Director for the ‘Ministry of Education & Skills Development ‘ attending with sixteen of his staff in the morning and hundreds of children anticipated in the afternoon at the Botswana national cricket ground with grass and artificial track, compared to the usual dust bowls ................ luxury!!! Real luxury!!!
Mr. Fraser Tlhoiwe greeted us all and said in a meaningful speech that the President had instructed all ministries to formulate HIV/AIDS wellness committees, and that Local Government Finance & Procurement Services HIV/AIDS wellness committee started in April 2009 is the most active in the ministry.
Each of the staff then watched and involved themselves in the CWB course that both Botswana coaches and children would be immersed, the morning session finished on a high, everybody having enjoyed and sampled the enlightening experience of cricket combined with AIDS awareness.
On a considerably hot day we waited patiently and in anticipation for the hundred and twenty under privileged children that we had been expecting for the afternoon session, unfortunately only 11 YES! 11 turned up. I guess a number of reason will later explain the limited number but ‘The Nine’ battled on with the limited attendance, but in our heart of hearts the afternoon was a low, an opportunity lost!!! The opportunity to continue to put smiles on the faces of the children of Botswana.
Tomorrow is another day, hopefully we will enjoy the highs without the frustrating lows.
Michael Stratford ...............................(sleeping in a meadow)



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb