Day 11 Ramotswa Schools


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » South-East » Gaborone
October 29th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

CRICKET WITHOUT TEACHERS

Last night we were invited to dinner with the BCA. A wonderful time was had by all and shirts were exchanged ( not literally - actually it was!). The BCA were very generous in what CWB stands for and what has been achieved in the last week or so with taking cricket to the schools.

Today we rocked up at Magopane Hill school and eagerly anticipated 15+ teachers to attend. After waiting one hour we had zero teachers. Then out of blue the teachers arrived on mass. MG started the coaching and the teachers were very receptive and competitive and really willing to get involved. The 2 V’s provided the teachers with some excellent AIDS awareness demonstrations related to some of the coaching skills that had just been learnt.

We were then invited to have lunch in the school which was very nice apart from the melon that Merecat had which apparently was a bit dodgy. It was also interesting to eat out of dog bowls!.
There was further coaching of the teachers directly after lunch for an hour with a game which all enjoyed.
The children then arrived which started at a reasonable amount (approximately 50+) then increased to around 150+ and caused mayhem in a nice way!. Mike and V had most of the new recruits that arrived - thank goodness, but it all turned out okay and all the children had a great time (as did the coaches). At the end of the session we packed up all the equipment and had a photo with all the children, We then raced to the Combi as the kids chased us. The kids banged on the Combi and ran with us as we drove off and it reminded me of maybe being in a famous pop group and being chased by groupies - I’m thinking maybe Boyzone or for Allan - The Cheeky Girls.
It turned out to be a really good and productive day for all.

We still have 2 days to go and are starting the feel the pace, but it has been a fantastic experience for us all and a will stay with us for a long time.

Over and out.

“The Morbster” - Honourary Treasurer



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb