Day 7. Rest at Khwai Community Campsite


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Moremi Game Reserve
August 24th 2012
Published: August 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ok so after all this driving we needed a full days rest. This campsite we were at was magnificent, there are no fences between you and the animals, it's nature at it's most rarest state. So we all read, slept, ate and that's about it. The sunrise and sunset is amazing but everyone was so chilled. In the evening after supper we just sat, a hyena came into the campsite, badgers was there everything was so relaxed. So we all piled into bed and soon fast asleep. But the nite was yet over for us. We have no watches with us so we have no idea what the time is. But sometime during the nite we were visited by an elephant. The next thing I have Alex waking me up telling me to be quiet, and the tent was shaking!!!! After a few seconds after waking up I realize that the elephant was eating the bush that our tent was tied to!!!! You will be laughing by now but at the time it wasn't funny at all, it was shit scary!!! My parents are trying to call us and we are not answering as the elephant has now reached out guide ropes! And it is so close we can hear it breathing! Eventually it leaves, Adrain wakes up and sticks just his hand out the tent to take the picture. Eventually we get back to sleep but man what a nite!
We are going to have a quote from Alex today: HOLY SHIT IT'S EATING OUR TENT!!!
Dylan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb