Chobe river cruise


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-West » Chobe National Park
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mon 26th
Up at 5.30 for bush walk. It was a very brisk pace and we saw some cool footprints of elephants and wild dogs and some sort of cat, but that was it no animals. Then we had a 3 hour drive to Thebe which I slept through. After lunch (we make sandwiches at the truck) we went on a boat cruse down Chobe river. It was really good, not just the animals but some cool sky, a rainbow and a bit of thunder and lightening but not on us. Most impressively we saw lots of Hippos but we also spotted small crocodiles, kudo and impala, some cool birds including pied kingfishers and swarms of dragonflies that reminded me of the flying keys in Harry Potter.
Back at the campsite it had rained hard only small puddle in the tent. Had a quick shower and then lovely butternut squash dinner with banoffe pie for pudding.

Tomorrow we are heading to Victoria falls where this part of the trip ends. It has been the luxury part with no cooking apart from setting up breakfast and lunch. It will all change-6 of us join a group that has come down from Kenya to go to Cape Town and 8 of the others will join a group travelling north to Kenya and the others finish in Livingstone (Where Victoria Falls is). I hope we fit into the other group well and I will be sad to see Dani go as we have tent putting up down to 3mins- she is going up to kenya.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

YawnYawn
Yawn

well actually a sign of agression but it looks cute!!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb