Eat, Pray, Melt


Advertisement
Botswana's flag
Africa » Botswana » North-East » Francistown
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post


It was another night of raw experience and emotions for WM-C, myself and the Meerkat as we continue to return to our roots and kip on the floor out here in the wilds of the sub-Saharan bush. Slumber was rudely interrupted early in the morning by intruders making breakfast at the foot of the bed, but after a comfortable night tucked up in bed the European pansies were all pretty hungry.
In a remarkable turn of events, our transport actually turned up close to the agreed time, therefore slightly reducing the risk of our team leader suffering an aneurism before we fly home. Unfortunately my communication with the big man upstairs did not get through last night, as he had failed to turn down the dial on the radiator in the sky. Balls of fire rained down from the heavens, scorching the earth and stripping energy levels to a bare minimum. Shade at the Francistown Oval is harder to find than a small piece of hay in a giant stack of needles, so our flesh was left to fry gently in the morning sun.
Luckily the morning’s coaching was a roaring success, mainly because we managed to avoid the Meerkat delivering his own brand of cultural and inter-personal awareness to the local teachers. Knowledge was imparted, minds became highly absorbent sponges and another significant barrier of defence against the monster of HIV/AIDs was constructed.
In the heat of the afternoon, I joined forces with Veronique to turn some raw African talent into world beaters, and the results were fairly solid. We looked to champion the Socratic method of teaching rather than the more formulaic approach of Aristotle, and I think the kids appreciated that. Ideas were debated back and forth, techniques were critiqued and developed, and young minds were shaped, moulded and enhanced.
The evening was spent in an atmosphere of excitement and anticipation, with the prospect of mine and Meerkat’s cooking on Wednesday night approaching like a culinary juggernaut on the horizon. When we fuse our talents, the chemistry is not unlike other great duos - Lennon and McCartney, Doherty and Barat, Pele and Garrincha etc. It promises to be an evening of laughs, tears and great sophistication.
Adrian Shankar




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



29th October 2010
Getting familiar with bowling

dats a great bowling skill displayed...definately this will take out all the batsman

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb