Barra da Tijuca
Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Barra da Tijuca
Blogs from Barra da Tijuca
Latest Blogs from Barra da Tijuca
- February 15th 2014 couple days chilling and caprihana time in Rio!
by Words: 329 Photos: 5
- February 19th 2012 RIO!!!
by Words: 2887 Photos: 45
- January 27th 2010 Van Rio naar Buenos Aires
by Words: 892 Photos: 27
- January 20th 2010 Reisverslag Vanuit Rio
by Words: 1863 Photos: 0
- June 3rd 2009 Rio de Janeiro: A Cidade Maravilhosa!
by Words: 1626 Photos: 36
- March 27th 2008 Rocinha Favela
by Words: 143 Photos: 27
- March 26th 2008 Rio de Janeiro
by Words: 46 Photos: 6
- January 19th 2008 Brasilien - Rio de Janeiro
by Words: 577 Photos: 86
- August 3rd 2007 DAY 32
by Words: 459 Photos: 15