Rio de Janeiro
Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Rio de Janeiro
Blogs from Rio de Janeiro
Latest Blogs from Rio de Janeiro
- March 9th 2014 Rio & Carnaval
by Words: 1595 Photos: 42
- March 9th 2014 Buzios & Salvador da Bahia
by Words: 1045 Photos: 24
- February 28th 2014 Ilha Grande (heaven on Earth)
by Words: 1173 Photos: 8
- February 27th 2014 South American adventure starts with Rio de Janeiro carnival....best party on earth?!
by Words: 930 Photos: 40
- February 24th 2014 Carnival - Schoolies Week on crack...
by Words: 1514 Photos: 8
- February 21st 2014 Tour de Rio!
by Words: 478 Photos: 12
- February 19th 2014 rio part 2, monkeys and mayhem
by Words: 1033 Photos: 9
- February 19th 2014 to the costa Verde, Paraty, trindade and a bit of rain!
by Words: 1047 Photos: 12
- February 19th 2014 First week in Rio...
by Words: 897 Photos: 5
- February 17th 2014 Rio
by Words: 1109 Photos: 3
- February 15th 2014 couple days chilling and caprihana time in Rio!
by Words: 329 Photos: 5
- February 11th 2014 rio de janeiro - la cidade maravilhosa
by Words: 714 Photos: 10
- February 5th 2014 Glasgow - London - Rome - Rio
by Words: 772 Photos: 0
- January 31st 2014 Braziliantime!
by Words: 1141 Photos: 10
- January 23rd 2014 Her name was Lola....
by Words: 826 Photos: 10
- January 10th 2014 Rio de Janeiro - 08-10 Jan 2014
by Words: 1352 Photos: 17
- January 10th 2014 Ilha Grande: Aqua Viva III
by Words: 567 Photos: 12
- January 8th 2014 The intentional Favela
by Words: 473 Photos: 6
- January 7th 2014 Paraty - 05-07 Jan 2014
by Words: 796 Photos: 7
- January 6th 2014 Lapa, Santa Teresa and the accidental Favela
by Words: 451 Photos: 10