Out out in Rio!


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Back again to my absolute favourite place for a trip! Just love everything about this place, restores the faith! Got to hotel about 9pm on the first night and just hit the local beach hut for a few caprihana nightcaps. Couple of the girls hadn't been here before so they got introduced to the drink. It is absolutely lethal as just pure alcohol, delicious! I only had three of the caprihana's and the head was bit tender next morning! We get free breakfast now at hotel, so that sorted me out. It's a buffet breakfast, think managed about three plates of food! Love free grub! Should keep me going until dinner. The day was spent bronzing on the beach and did some bodyboarding too. Waves were wild. Got some of the Acai drink from a beach hut as a snack, actually addicted to these and love that it is a superfood! Left the beach about 3pm and went back to the pool for an hour or so then was time to get ready for the nights activities. Some of us had been talking the night before about going 'out, out!' Basically meaning going clubbing. So we met at 6pm, used our free drink voucher at the bar - loving the new added extras now of breakfast and a drink. Had a red wine. Then it was just five of us that went out, and the guys are all quite new to the job which I was loving as they are just so excited about being here. Took them to a restaurant nearby that I quite like called Balada. It's a chain of restaurants and does quite healthy food and smoothies. I had grilled chicken - got about three pieces of chicken, rice, vegetables and a sauce for 34reals which is under £10. So tasty aswell. Back to the beach hut after dinner for more caprihana's. Tend to be a good one to start the night on in order to get merry. We then got a taxi from hotel to an area nearby that has a few bars and clubs. Have been here couple times, there's a club called the Nuth which is usually really good fun. We started off in a club that had some old school R'n'B tunes which was funny, but was pretty empty so we headed to another one. On the way we got more caprihana's from a girl with a stall on the street. So strong! Went into another club which I actually did not see what it was called, might have been The Nuth one. Anyways it was absolutely jumping! There was a DJ, and we danced away! They do this thing in the clubs in Rio where you get given a card on entry and any drinks you have are put on the card and you pay as you leave the club - very dangerous game! We were quite good and didn't buy any drinks in fear of not having enough money! We were out until about 4am. Such a fun night!!

Made it to breakfast again the next morning and just chilled on the beach. Weather was glorious for these two days! Got a little siesta before leaving that night to fly back home. Had such a great time! Would honestly be happy just flying here every month. And luckily I have enough trip to here on Tuesday - exact same trip as this one, and the man will be with me! Cannot wait! We have been rostered trips before but someone always gets taken off or called for something else so fingers crossed all goes ok for next. So shall see you again soon Rio!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0845s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb