Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Port Moody
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Port Moody
Latest Blogs from Port Moody
- August 23rd 2012 HOME
by Words: 159 Photos: 0
- November 29th 2011 Port Moody, op bezoek bij Heather -vanaf 18 september-
by Words: 293 Photos: 6
- April 13th 2011 Shipping out again.
by Words: 121 Photos: 0
- October 11th 2010 Home, Photos uploaded, and back in class.
by Words: 243 Photos: 0
- May 27th 2010 I'm off.
by Words: 95 Photos: 0
- August 26th 2008 Home
by Words: 115 Photos: 0
- July 24th 2008 Off we go.........
by Words: 116 Photos: 0
- July 7th 2008 Ready to Leave!
by Words: 80 Photos: 0
- June 7th 2008 Planning for another adventure.
by Words: 344 Photos: 0
- July 26th 2007 Only 4 more days!
by Words: 39 Photos: 0
- April 29th 2007 Trip Planning and Packing
by Words: 69 Photos: 0