Have we overpacked?


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Port Moody
September 24th 2022
Published: September 24th 2022
Edit Blog Post

So when you look at all of our bags, it really looks like we're either travelling for years or moving houses. So much for being able to pack efficiently! While two of them are for Hannah, we've probably still packed way too much! We'll also see if our packing trend holds up - whatever the last minute article of clothing we throw in the end is usually turns out to be the thing we wear the most.

We leave for the airport in a few hours as we're on the red eye to London. I always struggle with flights that are late in the day. It feels like the whole day is just anticipation of the trip. Of course, there are all the little things that need to be done - cleaning out the fridge, petting the dog, etc. This time we also have to close down the garden. By the time we're back, it'll just be straggly remnants of tomato, cucumber, and zucchini plants so it's better to take care of it now while it's sunny rather than the mid-October rains we're likely to come home to.

I don't know if we'll be able to check in tomorrow as we arrive in London about 1:30 and figure that by the time we get our bags, go through customs and take a car, it'll be about 3:00 in the afternoon. We have a few things to do to get the holiday gifts ready for Hannah and Felix. They are meeting us for dinner our first night. We're going to an Indian place right near the hotel, Salt Whiskey Bar. After dinner, we'll put them in a cab with the two large bags and send them home to unpack them. They'll give them back to us at the end of our trip so we can pack them with any goodies we find while there.

A funny story about Salt Whiskey Bar. Don initially tried to book the reservation through their online booking system. He asked for "a table in a quieter location." The restaurant wrote back that there were no quiet tables and declined his reservation. He tried again and they refused to book a table for him. As he's really interested in going there, I had to book the table - without specifying any particular table preference. We'll have to see if it's worth it!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb