Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Kamloops
Blogs from Kamloops
Latest Blogs from Kamloops
- April 23rd 2013 It's Still Not Over Until It's Over
by Words: 1516 Photos: 7
- January 24th 2013 Thompson Nicola Regional District
by Words: 1185 Photos: 27
- October 16th 2012 The Next Adventure - Kamloops
by Words: 1484 Photos: 21
- August 27th 2012 All Aboard!
by Words: 1309 Photos: 17
- August 16th 2012 Lunch on the Thomson river
by Words: 38 Photos: 1
- August 6th 2012 Von Victoria nach Kamloops
by Words: 500 Photos: 6
- January 28th 2012 Merry Christmas & happy new year!
by Words: 299 Photos: 22
- July 4th 2011 Another Sunny Day in Canada
by Words: 241 Photos: 0
- July 3rd 2011 We're Back!
by Words: 638 Photos: 0
- August 12th 2010 Der Pass ist da!!!!!!!!
by Words: 391 Photos: 0
- July 24th 2010 getting ready
by Words: 37 Photos: 0
- July 16th 2010 Rocky Mountaineer Day 1, Vancouver to Kamloops
by Words: 1285 Photos: 78
- October 28th 2009 Join us for an Open House Nov 7 2009
by Words: 141 Photos: 0
- October 2nd 2009 Day 20
by Words: 277 Photos: 0
- September 27th 2009 Mc Bride- Kamloops, BC
by Words: 101 Photos: 4
- August 19th 2009 4 Weeks to Wedding Day. Bears At Last!
by Words: 242 Photos: 5
- August 16th 2009 First two weeks in Denmark!!
by Words: 661 Photos: 9
- August 11th 2009 Where's the sun?
by Words: 257 Photos: 3
- July 30th 2009 Leaving for Denmark
by Words: 265 Photos: 0
- July 28th 2009 girlies
by Words: 6 Photos: 3