Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Fort McMurray
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Fort McMurray
Latest Blogs from Fort McMurray
- October 1st 2011 Working in Fort Mcmurray
by Words: 999 Photos: 0
- August 3rd 2011 Belize 101
by Words: 461 Photos: 0
- June 22nd 2011 "I'm so sick from the drink, I need home for a rest"
by Words: 484 Photos: 0
- June 22nd 2011 Day 1-Fort McMurray to Edinburgh
by Words: 947 Photos: 0
- June 10th 2011 Last Will and Testament
by Words: 21 Photos: 0
- June 2nd 2011 Funny how that happens, eh?
by Words: 291 Photos: 0
- May 27th 2011 **Disclaimer** Thanks for the idea Sarah
by Words: 140 Photos: 0
- May 26th 2011 14 days!
by Words: 427 Photos: 0
- January 22nd 2011 Canada, eh?
by Words: 126 Photos: 0
- July 12th 2007 Day 16 - Arrival in Fort McMurray
by Words: 325 Photos: 0
- July 12th 2007 The Oil Sands...
by Words: 509 Photos: 0
- April 17th 2007 LOST BLOG ENTRY - Partly fixed
by Words: 16 Photos: 9
- March 13th 2007 Snow country and more baby
by Words: 138 Photos: 9
- March 13th 2007 A quick note and a baby picture
by Words: 58 Photos: 4
- March 12th 2007 10 Hours North of Home
by Words: 231 Photos: 4
- January 28th 2007 Special DVD features and Outakes
by Words: 262 Photos: 7
- December 3rd 2006 "Planes Trains and Automobiles"
by Words: 1162 Photos: 6
- November 19th 2006 Working at my new job
by Words: 1159 Photos: 8
- July 27th 2006 Plan to Hit Edmonton Today Goes Pear Shaped
by Words: 177 Photos: 0
- July 22nd 2006 Just Planning and trying to work
by Words: 357 Photos: 2