Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Phetchaburi
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Phetchaburi
Latest Blogs from Phetchaburi
- November 13th 2011 Elephant Project Thailand - Globalteer (WFFT)
by Words: 1670 Photos: 0
- March 15th 2011 Auf gehts!
by Words: 518 Photos: 7
- April 19th 2010 Ant in pant.
by Words: 858 Photos: 6
- May 7th 2009 Guns, Birthdays and bananas
by Words: 702 Photos: 0
- April 25th 2009 Elephants
by Words: 361 Photos: 0
- July 21st 2008 petchaburi
by Words: 601 Photos: 0
- July 21st 2008 Death Bridge (never a good start)
by Words: 770 Photos: 0
- July 18th 2008 Thailand: Phetchaburi, Time Well Spent!
by Words: 554 Photos: 36
- June 2nd 2008 Thai East Coast
by Words: 1045 Photos: 0
- December 31st 2007 The craziest day
by Words: 849 Photos: 0
- December 25th 2007 Merry Christmas
by Words: 300 Photos: 0
- December 21st 2007 Phase 2: Working my a$$ off
by Words: 538 Photos: 0
- November 29th 2007 ENTRY 54 - Sex, naked ladies and blue diamonds on Soi Cowboy
by Words: 2719 Photos: 20
- August 8th 2006 Three Months Down, Six More To Go....
by Words: 763 Photos: 9
- May 7th 2006 A spot of culture before the beach!
by Words: 399 Photos: 3
- April 21st 2006 Days 1-5
by Words: 418 Photos: 1