Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Ko Lanta
Blogs from Ko Lanta
Latest Blogs from Ko Lanta
- November 6th 2013 BBQ Feast and my last day in Koh Lanta
by Words: 631 Photos: 9
- November 5th 2013 A Day of Nothing
by Words: 1216 Photos: 14
- November 4th 2013 Koh Lanta
by Words: 1270 Photos: 13
- November 4th 2013 Beach Hopping
by Words: 735 Photos: 22
- November 3rd 2013 The Road to Koh Lanta and my little slice of Paradise
by Words: 1071 Photos: 16
- August 30th 2013 The Land Of Smiles.....
by Words: 1294 Photos: 16
- May 27th 2013 Exodus of the Andaman...
by Words: 4066 Photos: 76
- April 9th 2013 Koh Lanta - heaven on earth.
by Words: 637 Photos: 6
- March 21st 2013 Ko Lanta and Ko Phi Phi - Playing Motorbike Dominoes
by Words: 1365 Photos: 5
- March 18th 2013 Island life
by Words: 2281 Photos: 29
- March 18th 2013 Beautiful beaches, friendly people, tasty food and good times - leaving Thailand on a high
by Words: 2099 Photos: 55
- March 2nd 2013 All good things must come to an end...
by Words: 103 Photos: 1
- February 28th 2013 Hin Daeng, Hin Muang
by Words: 205 Photos: 7
- February 26th 2013 Koh Haa - Five islands
by Words: 376 Photos: 5
- February 26th 2013 Local flora and fauna
by Words: 253 Photos: 3
- February 25th 2013 Drizzling and Diving
by Words: 252 Photos: 0
- February 12th 2013 I wish it was bigger!
by Words: 414 Photos: 0
- December 23rd 2012 Christmas on Ko Lanta
by Words: 534 Photos: 4
- November 26th 2012 Tha'island's
by Words: 2283 Photos: 24
- October 18th 2012 I'm Officially Done Climbing Mountains in Thailand Part 11: Kho Lanta
by Words: 976 Photos: 65