Background: A unified Thai kingdom was established in the mid-14th century. Known as Siam until 1939, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power. A bloodless revolution in 1932 led to a constitutional monarchy. In alliance with Japan during World War II, Thailand became a US ally following the conflict. Thailand is currently facing armed violence in its three Muslim-majority southernmost provinces.
Photos from Sattahip
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Sattahip
Latest Blogs from Sattahip
- March 6th 2010 Paradise...
by Words: 986 Photos: 22
- March 5th 2010 Sattahip "Paradise"
by Words: 36 Photos: 0
- September 11th 2008 The Elephant Mahout Project: Away from Elephants...for a while
by Words: 549 Photos: 7
- September 8th 2008 The Elephant Mahout Project
by Words: 468 Photos: 7
- September 7th 2008 The Elephant Mahout Project...it's almost live news!
by Words: 1462 Photos: 16
- September 3rd 2008 The Final Overdue Update: Elephants, Pigs, BKK and Scrabble
by Words: 1677 Photos: 10
- August 23rd 2008 Installment 2 of The Elephant Mahout Project Update
by Words: 2439 Photos: 19
- August 16th 2008 Life With the Elephants. A long overdue update - Installment 1!
by Words: 1260 Photos: 12
- December 24th 2007 Squidfish and Scuba Diving, Thailand SCUBA
by Words: 584 Photos: 40
- September 20th 2006 A week of saftey
by Words: 43 Photos: 11
- September 12th 2006 And now from Thailand
by Words: 120 Photos: 9
- September 11th 2006 viela hengissa
by Words: 200 Photos: 0