Paradise...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Sattahip
March 6th 2010
Published: March 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

OK so Im not sure I will get the pics up till tomorrow but I will tell you that we drove about 2 and a half hours to get to satahip on the eastern side of the gulf of Thailand. we took the highway, which was relativley painless and we hit a little trafic in Pattya about 8 mi from satahip, and then we drove past this elephant riding place, which was cool but the elephants didnt look like they wanted to be ridden all day and I felt really bad for them. I have to add that one of the really weird things about the roads is that even on the highway there are u turns and that is nessisary some times. But sometimes there isnt a u turn for like 15 mi. so that sucked. back to the story... after we passed the elephants we went down this one lane rd, until we came to a guard standing outside of th egaurd station. he let us in and it was these little bungalows and the view to the beach even from the main road was amazing. eveyone there was so nice, so after we got checked in we were escorted to our bungalow that was litterallu right on the water,,, I mean you could hop over our porch railing and you were in the gulf, at least that was the case during high tide which is mostly when we spent time there. the water was way cleaner than Hua Hin and our second day it was the most beautiful blue. we were there 3 days 2 nights and we were going to try to stay another night but we would have lost aday in Bangkok, and I didnt really want to do that. Especially because today my dad realized that we leave on moday late at night not on tuesday late at night when we thought. back to satihip..... the sunset was AMAZING!!!!! everything there was like we were in paradise. first thing when we got there we went swimming and i swear the water was about 80 degrees. and the sun was going down behind us and it was amazing. we had dinner at the hotel and for diner we got a bunch of stuff and shared but for desert I ordered coconut ice cream which came in a coconut and was like heaven in you mouth, (in Huaa Hin we went to the Hagan Daz and it was like a 5 star resurant with a doorman and a menu but this was better than the cookie something or other that i got and the chocoholic that mary got)amazing@!!!! the next day we went to the tropical botanical gardens that was 600 acres of topiaries and little temples and all sorts of amazing stuff. just see the pics. Oh i cant believe i forgot to mention how big and beautiful the orchids are here. you will see plenty of pics of them too. We got to get really close to elephants here they had a few shows where the elephants played soccer and basket ball and darts and danced and did a few other things they were so cute and getile. we got to feed them bananas, they were hogs, they would fit so many in their trunks and mouths and they would have them falling out. King and I got our pictures taken while they picked us up with their trunks. Oh and the other thing we did in Pattya was go to the floating market. This was awesome. you could buy food cooked out of boats, souviniers, packaged food, and tons of other stuff. we got to go here two times beacause i saw a jade braclet that i wanted to get but it was too big so they took it in for me and put a better clasp on it. the first day we were they were shooting a movie and i got a shot on my camera, i m going to try to sell it on the black market lol. we sat at this smoothy shop.... AMAZING , i could have had those all day everyday and they were less than a dollar a peice. we sat there and ate some pad thai and some tom yum and had our smothies and it was great. we keep on trying different food so we can see all that we like. the second time that we went to the floating market we went back to the same smoothy place but this time with sate, which is like a kebob and some peanut sauce and sticky rice and mary and king got some veggies and rice and soem soup. We have had the soup in all of the cities that we have been and yes i tried pig stomach, the taste was good butthe texture was like mushy dirt rubbing off a peice of meat in your mouth lol. another of the really cool things that i did at the floating market was a zip line that was about 500 ft. it was so cool and really high up and really fast. no one really wanted to join me on that adventure. The last of our adventures in satahip was dinner at the hard rock which was expensive in comparison to the other food we ate but it was worth it. there was a thai band who played american covers, they did a really great job i have some videos of that, it was a great experience and so was driving down the road seeing litterally the most bars i ve ever seen in one place, and hookers, and stores that sold literally everything under the sun. well that is about all i can rememer right now, still yet to come is our adventure yesterday in Bangkok and today we are off to an orphanage to give the kids some snacks and try out the few thai phrases i know. FUNN!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb