Christ the Redeemer


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Leblon
January 4th 2014
Published: January 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After watching the sunset last night, we were up at the crack of dawn to watch the sunrise and to beat the crowds at Christ the Redeemer. 6.30am and it was already boiling. To our amazement we managed to find the right bus to take us to the ticket office. The train ride up is steep with spectacular views, stopping of at a few view points along the way. Once we got off, it was just a few steps up to the foot of the statue.

At first we were relatively surprised at the few others who had made it up before us...it didn't take long until we were engulfed by hundreds of other photo hungry tourists vying for the best spot to pose in the obligatory 'arms out pose'. After managing to squeeze a few good pics of the statue and avoid taking a hit to the face by any over enthusiastic posers, we took a stroll around the edge of the mountain to admire the spectacular views across each corner of the city. Sugarloaf one way, Rio's famous south beaches to another and the many luxurious flats surrounded by favelas and forest...It really was incredible!

After hoping on the train back down, we jumped on a bus back to out apartment, got changed and headed off to the beach. The perfect remedy to a busy morning of sightseeing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb