So Long South America


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Leblon
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all, Dave here.

Since our last update we've been to Paraty which were our last few days as part of the Drago tour. It was a lovely little fishing village with friendly people but not so friendly dogs. We were camping again and cooking for ourselves.......my group's turn unfortunately but our braised pork chops went down a treat. Voted best of the tour by our official judge.

The day after we spent the day on a boat, island hopping. Working on my dives from the front and both of us working hard on our tans!! Mines working out a little better than Lau's. We returned and had a bbq on the beach for the last night of the tour......oscars night. We won best couple and I won 'man points award' mainly for my fire building and basically being northern. I also won the 'George Best award for liver abuse'.......not so proud of that one.

We finished in Rio and split from the rest of the group for a short period while we checking into the Sheraton....v.nice. The split didn't last long and we met up with the group every day and night since we got here....they're a really fun group of people and we're gonna be sad to leave them today. Rio is amazing but kinda busy as we've got used to quiet towns.

I've checked out some of the the Flaveia's (on an official tour as it's far too dangerous to go alone) and Lau went to the Christ the redeamer statue. Both were amazing in different ways.

We got a few hours to kill before our flight to New York but we'll catch up again once we're settled in and Lau's done her shopping!! :-)

Missing everybody at home and glad to see Leeds are doing ok. xxx

Lau sends her love and says hi.

PS Happy birthday to Sas for the 9th.xx

Advertisement



9th September 2008

Congratulations?
Always good to get an award - dubious catagories though! Glad you're still having fun. Keep bloggin' Love, as a;ways xxxxxx

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb