Soaking up the Sun in Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good morning, afternoon, evening to you all!

Hope you are all well and enjoying what looks on the BBC website to be the usual british summer!!

You have me again as Dave spends all of his internet time catching up on facebook and checking up on how his X11 teams are doing! Also sorry for bad spelling etc, you have to pay by the minute so I am not going back and you cannot do spell check!

We are still in Brazil but now travelling east making our way to Rio for the end of this stretch. The weather is still fabulous but a little cooler at night, still camping and getting a few nibbles from the mozzies!

From the Iguazu Falls we had a couple of long drive days and bush camp. We eventually found a farm to camp on but then got moved on in case we got shot as the farmers were out shooting rodents that night!! They did however take us to a "safe" fairgroud site to camp with some of the fair people, but they did give us free beer as they rarely get visitors. After surviving the camp we drove through to the town of Bonito where we stayed for a few nights (in real beds!) The hostle was great, good pool for water polo, bar and some activities around the local area. Most of our group did a waterfall walk one day, sounded relatively sedate and chilling, however turned into jumping off rocks into waterfalls a few meters down, splash landing zip wire into the water and I managed to get a few scrathes and grazes. The food was amazing too, any weight we may have lost in Peru and Bolivia has certainly gone back on with the all you can eat steak buffets!!
Snorkling was on offer too but we opted to spend the second day by the pool - The Caiman (aligator things) scare me!

After that we headed to the Pantanal, which is a wetland bigger than the size of France slap bang in the middle of South America with parts in Bolivia, Paraguy and where we were in Brazil. The few days here started with a massive steak buffet lunch at the ranch style hostle and then a boat ride to introduce us to the local animals, Caiman, Capivaras (biggest rodent in the world), loads of birds, Giant Otter, Ant eaters etc - they do have Puma and Jaguar but unfortunately we did not spot any. Part of the boat trip was Piranah fishing which we subsequently feed to hawks and the Caiman, I caught two - my first ever time fishing, Dave didnt get any - he he!

The next day was split into more safari by both horse riding and caoneing - both good if not a bit tame!Everyone had sore butt cheeks the next day though which was a long drive day and bush camp (at a petrol station) on to Brotas (near Sao Paulo), where we arrived in the dark and my group then had to cook dinner for everyone and of course have a few drinks. This is where we are now and have spent this morning rafting again, very funny although i seem to have drunk lots of river water getting pulled out of the raft by one of my group. We did part of the rapids without the rafts just floating down which was great fun, but again ingested more water, yuk!!

This afternoon is internet time and relaxing by the pool before an early start and drive to Parati by the coast for more sun, sea, sand and Caipranas before ending in Rio Friday, where hopefully we can go to a local footy game.

Let us know how things are there, Dan/Jodie I have added your new address on so let us know if it has not worked.

TTFN - Love and hugs

Lau and Dave xxxx

PS Happy Happy Birthday Riley xxxxxxx big hugs and kisses



Advertisement



3rd September 2008

Wedding
Hi love, so glad you're still having a ball can't wait to see all your pics when you get back - quick question ... where do you go to the loo in these bush camps?! Read your note about Rachel's wedding think we are going to drive home as Tim is running a half marathon the next day. Don't think that helps you sorry but if you want me to book you somewhere let me know. Lots of love and take care xxx
3rd September 2008

Thorpe on the hill news update
I keep putting your bin out for you but it is always empty.
4th September 2008

Wedding & Bush Wee
Hi Tess, don´t worry about booking anything, thanks but I just wanted to know what everybody was planning. As for bush wees, sometimes we have the benefit of garage public toilets, other times, yes it´s just a matter of finding the right bush. I´ve only done number ones so far though!!!
4th September 2008

Sorry Tess......
.......I pressed submit before asking if everybody is well. Big hugs and kisses from the both of us. xxx
4th September 2008

Obrigada
Dudes - Everything sounds amazing, you aren't missing anything here - ooh apart from The Wire Series 5 but don't worry Dave, Dan has it all recorded for you. The weather is pants and there's been times where we could have gone white water rafting on our beck this summer! Its Dans leaving do tomorrow - which I'm sure you'll be gutted about missing, but I'm sure we can relive the moment when you get back. There's a new casino opening in Leeds in a couple of weeks so get practising in Vegas! Keep having fun Dan and Jode xx ps we got the updates to the new address which is wicked., cheers

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb