Argentina was great!!


Advertisement
Published: August 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hola.......

Sorry it has been a while we have been busy and camping a lot so not as much access to internet as before, anyway we are now in Brazil and spent the last few days in Argentina so I will update you on that whilst Dave is asleep by the side of the pool!!

okay so I think we left you in Tupiza, Bolivia where we had a long and boring 2 day drive, bush camps and then boarder crossing to Argentina and 3 days of action packed fun in Salta. Although one of teh drive days was renamed 'happy truck day' so the boys got really drunk and were a bit poorly - dave included but I will let him tell you all about that if he ever wakes up!! The only down side was that we were camping, I am really not taking to tent life and winge quite a lot - at least the weather is picking up and you do not have to sleep in all of your clothes!!

White Water rafting was fantastic, my first time and the water was not too scarey - we have a great DVD of pictures so I will see if we can get some loaded up, we then did canyoning, basically tou have a harness are atached to a zip wire and then throw yourself off teh side of a mountain - I as Sh*t (sorry mom) scared to start with but it was fantastic. The first one was 160m up and 600m accross and we then did anoth 3 tacking us back down to the ground and beer tent!! - oh also wow the food is great too, steak is fab (Gouchos eat your heart out).

We also did a few hours of quad biking which was amazing if not very dusty, drinking was good too - a few of teh guys had an all night session - I am getting too old for that now but we did manage a few drinking games until the early hours......

The final Argentinian adventure was half of the Iguazu Falls, which included a boat ride in which you get completely drenched - at least the hot weather meant we did eventually dry out!!

Last night we crossed over to Brazil, the relatively easy crossing made traumatic by some incorrect truck paperwork and a josworth but we made it in time to set out tents up again and head off to an all you can eat buffet and random Brazillian entertainment.

Today we visited the brazil side of the falls which was fab and not as wet! - we were meant to go to a Damn too but the hot weather, Pool and Caprihana's were calling so a relaxing afternoon.

Tomorrow is probably an early start as we have a drive day and bush camp (ie not a camp site just anywhere we can find) en route to Bunito before heading to the Pantanal for more activities (horse riding and canoing) and safaris.

This part of our adventure finishes on the 5th with then a few days relaxing in Rio before the farce of us trying to drive accross the US.

No idea what is going on at home so about to look at the BBC and see if we have a new/any employer.

Will call home next weekend to wish Riley a Happy Birthday - you will be leased to know everyone made sure I wore my birthday badge for the whole day and night.

Hope you are all well and not missing us too much!!

Love and big hugs xxxxxxxx


Advertisement



25th August 2008

So you want to work 4 Tescos?
Hi Laura Glad you are ok. we were getting concerned you were too drunk to write for ever!! Weather here is fab, hot, sunny and cloudless blue skies. Blues top of the league, more Olympic Golds than we won since 1908, Grandad had his helicopter ride and loved it, and the rumour is that TESCO are buying out the RBS Insurance arm!!!! Hope Dave wakes up and realises that he and alcohol should get less aquainted. We are off to Tuscany on the 2nd, after the traumas of the villa not being available getting sorted. Keep in touch, stay dry.Lots love Dad, CJ, Mal and Grampsxxxxxxxxxx P.S. Leeds are 14th after three games won 1 lost 1 drawn 1.
25th August 2008

Get you!
Well done with all the 'zip wiring', white water rafting et al. Glad you're having a ball. You'll soon finish the camping bit and be back the the '5*' living that you're used to! Keep having fun and bloggin'. Mom xxxx
6th September 2008

soz for not mailing for a bit
hi U2. things have been hectic, went from Riley's brithday party to busy busy at work, riley's actual birthday (he's like the queen having 2!) and then off to italia. been doing some trekking of our own up the hills in lake como (didn't see george or brad even tho they are apparently there at the mo!), i however have an extra 2 stone to trek up hills in the shape of riley who although he now runs (he was never going to just walk was he that would be BOOORRRIINNG) is a lot smaller and so slower and has to be picked up all the time otherwise. he DOES NOT like being in the pushchair at the minute. mum says he's just like i was (is that good or not?????.. probably not!) love, hugs etc, hope you are having the bestest time. not long to go now i bet it's flying by. xxxxx p.s riley says thanks for his pressies especially the rocket which he likes to press buttons on and get the astronauts in and out of. marvellous (daddy likes it to....) xxx p.p.s how are the caiprinhas going down?? mark finished our cachaca off at the party.

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb