Background: Following three centuries under the rule of Portugal, Brazil became an independent nation in 1822. By far the largest and most populous country in South America, Brazil overcame more than half a century of military intervention in the governance of the country when in 1985 the military regime peacefully ceded power to civilian rulers. Brazil continues to pursue industrial and agricultural growth and development of its interior. Exploiting vast natural resources and a large labor pool, it is today South America's leading economic power and a regional leader. Highly unequal income distribution remains a pressing problem.
Photos from Centro
Blogs from Centro
Latest Blogs from Centro
- February 11th 2013 Rio Carnival - Sambadrome
by Words: 474 Photos: 25
- November 20th 2012 Setting off for the job fair
by Words: 298 Photos: 0
- December 20th 2011 Iguazú Falls, Rio de Janeiro and...Largs!
by Words: 1264 Photos: 33
- March 23rd 2011 CARNAVAL
by Words: 692 Photos: 46
- September 12th 2010 Jesus won't take Mastercard
by Words: 1702 Photos: 30
- July 25th 2010 Rio de Janeiro part two
by Words: 1296 Photos: 24
- December 26th 2009 Veendam Journey Begins
by Words: 521 Photos: 0
- October 22nd 2009 Lost in rio
by Words: 194 Photos: 4
- June 1st 2009 A Walk about the City
by Words: 1126 Photos: 7
- March 26th 2009 Brasil - Karneval, men for mykje folk:)
by Words: 323 Photos: 6
- March 8th 2009 Rio - Karneval i Rio
by Words: 1462 Photos: 7
- February 23rd 2009 Gearing up for Carnaval, More is More!
by Words: 258 Photos: 7
- February 20th 2009 Sambadrom - detskej karneval
by Words: 22 Photos: 28
- February 20th 2009 Well I thought BA was hot.....
by Words: 266 Photos: 0
- February 19th 2009 Maracana, prej nejakej stadion...
by Words: 13 Photos: 13
- February 11th 2009 Same same but different...
by Words: 1902 Photos: 13
- December 14th 2008 Talking with Jesus
by Words: 377 Photos: 4
- November 9th 2008 The Mighty Maracana
by Words: 70 Photos: 5
- August 31st 2008 Macarana Soccer Game
by Words: 304 Photos: 7
- July 11th 2008 Projeto Morrinho
by Words: 1342 Photos: 7