Day 33 - The week that was


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Airlie Beach
July 4th 2009
Published: July 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Terra Australis Take Two

details of The Beach Dweller journey round Terra Australis

Airlie Beach SunriseAirlie Beach SunriseAirlie Beach Sunrise

5am on a clear crisp morning
Wosh .. another week has disappeared ...

It seems sometimes that I am busier now than when I ran a business ..

Most of the week has been taken up, producing resume’s for Mia and delivering them to many if not all tourism outlets and shops in the area, to try and get her a start. Jas & Jo have done a great job networking with the people they know to help out, with a positive lead coming from John at FantaSea Cruises, who is confident that Mia will get a few hours on the ferries and cruise boats, which she is very excited about.

Compared to the battering Perth has experienced over the past few days, we are enjoying sunny skies and temps around the mid 20’s, with chilly mornings.

Back into a more fitness routine, with Mia and I regularly undertaking the 40 minute walk to the town and back, over some challenging hills !! especially the last haul up the 1 in 3 driveway back to the house ...

and Mia is starting to socialise !! spending a bit more time down the town in the evenings mixing with locals, and some VERY interesting backpackers !!

Gone down with the flu bug that is doing the rounds, so going to take lots of Vitamin C and take it easy for the next 24 hours.

A good friend of mine Kerina Puttman has embarked on an amazing adventure to Mexico and Peru.  

In Mexico she will be based in Oaxaca and involved in a workshop with New York based photographer Mary Ellen Mark. In Peru she shall be in Cuzco and doing volunteer work with street children through an organisation called ‘Real Gap’. Not really sure exactly what she’ll be doing, but going with an open mind and spirit of adventure.

you can follow her blog : http://kerinap.wordpress.com/about/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb