Back down the coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
July 20th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a couple of weeks on the road, we had to turn in our keys and return our Wicked Camper... tear.... bye bye Eddie 2.

After our beautious sailing trip through the Whitsundays and Great barrier, we got back in our little van and trekked back down the coast. We made stops in some great places, and got some great winter tans along the way. So on our way back, we stopped at a cute beach town called 1770 (not a heritage site, but a great place to chillax on the beach), Hervey Bay & Fraser Island (a sand island, where we took a 4x4 greyhound along the beach and in the rain forest at 100 km/ hr), Noosa Head (big money, great surfing), the Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin's place, where you can pat koalas and little crocs), Brisbane (aka Bris-Vegas), Surfer's Paradise (reminds me of Miami.. just giant high rises on the beach), Coff's Harbour (a day of reading on the beach), Pt McQuarrie (more beach time), back to Sydney (surfing on Bondi beach and jager bombs with some real life Aussie's).

So now we have one more day left until we head on to our stop #3 in Joss and Den's 2008 Pacific tour. We are in the midst of washing 2 weeks of camping off our bodies and out of our clothes. I probably have quite a nice selection of sands in my crevices and such, from all over Australia. But we're chilling out, watching movies, relaxing and trying to stretch our bellies for all-you-can-eat meat at the Brazillian BBQ for a send-off tonight.

Tomorrow we will be on the West coast of Thailand. We fly into Phuket and will soon be starting a new part of our adventure.

See you in 5 weeks,
J and D

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb