Oregon Outback


Advertisement
North America » United States » Oregon
July 25th 2010
Published: July 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Vive le roadtrip! We set off to explore South East Oregon, a geology nerds dream. Absolutely amazing history of the lands out there. This is our first entry so it's taking a bit of time getting used to this site. The pictures were uploaded in order but showed up out of order in the photo section. Here is our first blog entry of our adventures. We've been playing around with this blog more, and l... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 188, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Road Block Eastern OregonRoad Block Eastern Oregon
Road Block Eastern Oregon

Close up of the dude who directs the traffic in the middle of nowhere during the road work. He was loving having the old cowboy in front of us to chat with.
Road Block Eastern OregonRoad Block Eastern Oregon
Road Block Eastern Oregon

Maco checking out the scenery. We were stopped at our road block. Decided to make the best of the little unplanned break in the drive and take some pictures.
Eastern Oregon Road BlockEastern Oregon Road Block
Eastern Oregon Road Block

Road block. We were here for about 20 minutes. By the time it was our turn to use the road there were lots of cars behind us. It was nice to see a few handfuls of people in one area at one time, in the middle of a very desolate spot.
Eastern OregonEastern Oregon
Eastern Oregon

Back on the road, desolate for ages, and than finally you pass someone, the proper thing to do is give a wave. We waved and got waved at the few times we would pass someone on the road. A lot of the time it felt like it was our road, as we wouldn't see anyone for hours.
Paisley Oregon, Town StorePaisley Oregon, Town Store
Paisley Oregon, Town Store

This is the only store in town there. We went in there and they had all sorts of things. A little catch all type of shop. With loads of items for the outdoors man. It was nice to just walk around thru there and look at all the things. Maco was ready to go, and I shortly followed only to find out I had just spent $7 in a place that had a poster of hilter in the front entrance. Ok, now I see why Maco was so eager to get out of there, and I'm sorry I spent any money there.
On the roadsideOn the roadside
On the roadside

On the roadside after Paisley Oregon.
Paisley Oregon MuralPaisley Oregon Mural
Paisley Oregon Mural

Little mural of the old west.
Homestead Diner Paisley OregonHomestead Diner Paisley Oregon
Homestead Diner Paisley Oregon

The best door handle ever. This was the handle to the Homestead diner.
Paisley OregonPaisley Oregon
Paisley Oregon

Some horse shoes on the walk way into the Homestead Diner in Paisley Oregon.
Paisley Oregon DinerPaisley Oregon Diner
Paisley Oregon Diner

Paisley Oregon Diner. Awesome hospitality, delicious food, great little catch of different locally made items, like jams, soaps, lotions, artwork.
Population List Eastern OregonPopulation List Eastern Oregon
Population List Eastern Oregon

We went thru a bunch of these towns. Here's an idea of the amount of people in these parts.
Paisley Oregon CowboysPaisley Oregon Cowboys
Paisley Oregon Cowboys

Real Oregon Cowboys.
Paisley Oregon, Gas station.Paisley Oregon, Gas station.
Paisley Oregon, Gas station.

Paisely Oregon, town of about 237 people, if you ever go thru here, you must get gas here (there isn't any other gas around for many many miles) & after you fill up go next door to the little diner on the left. The service there is spectacular, the food is super delish, there are little local treats to buy like jams, and lotions and soaps. The couple who own the place were very hard working efficient folks. Absolutely loved our time there. The red headed gal is the best hostess/waitress I've ever had. Her smile infectious. Her husband grilled up the goods in the back. We both decided to go with the traditional cheeseburger, but for 99 cents more, we made it a buffalo meat burger. So tasty, and a steal for only 99 cents more. Bill at the garage was a very gentle fellow, he has a kitty who came to great me when we paid for the gas. Remember it's illegal to pump your own gas in the state of Oregon.
Paisley Oregon DinerPaisley Oregon Diner
Paisley Oregon Diner

Inside the diner.
Eastern Oregon SoldiersEastern Oregon Soldiers
Eastern Oregon Soldiers

Here are some Soldiers for my Momma! We always say there are the soldiers for Chach!



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb