Day 21 - Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
August 7th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

UK Michelle and I got up early and headed to the Waffle House for our free Contiki brekkie - very yum!!
We got someone to call a cab for us, then we were on our way to Universal Studios!!!
Universal in Orlando consists of two parks - Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure. We decided to do Islands first, because it had the better roller coasters!!
We pretty much just ran from ride to ride. The Hulk, Spider man (where we overheard people after the ride saying, “Wow, those 2 girls behind us were screaming a bit weren't they??” haha), Popeye Rapids (we were there early, so we got to go around twice because there was no cue! Absolutely saturated, head to toe), Dudley Doo-Right Log Flume (couldn't have gotten more wet anyway), Jurassic Park (not as scary as I thought it was going to be). Also in the Jurassic Park area, we went and saw a dinosaur egg hatch! All the “Doctors” down there were getting so into it, that it wasn't until afterwards that Michelle and I looked at each other and realised none of it was actually real! Pretty good acting on the “Doc's” behalf!
We shared a pizza for lunch, which i was a little worried about... but it was soooooo yum! For theme park fast food, it was really good!
Went on a ride called the Dueling Dragons. You can choose which dragon you go on, fire or ice. First time we went on Ice, and were sitting towards the back. Your feet dangle and everything... I had to sit on my thongs or else they would have gone flying.
Second time we went on Fire, and sat at the front... It was insanely awesome!!! So much fun! Possibly my favourite ride of the day!
The last ride we went on at this park was a Dr. Seuss one... The line was long (our longest wait), so by the time we finally got to the ride, we were soo hot and really hoping it was going to be good. It really wasn't. Such a disappointment!! As our little train was coming back in, we saw 2 other Contikians, and they were asking whether it was good.... We lied and said it was... They would have been waiting as long as we were so we didn't want them to go on knowing how bad it was =P
After that, we thought it was time for the real Universal.
Again, did a lot of ride hopping. Shrek 4D, Jimmy Neutron, Twister (this was more of a special effects show than a ride, but it was incredible... You're standing under a veranda, and what the twister have its effect, power lines fall down, cow flys past, there's fire, the roof comes off, everyone gets wet... really really good!), the Mummy (for those who have been to Movie World, its a bit like the Scooby Doo ride - awesome!), Jaws (all so fake but we still screamed), Men in Black, Simpsons, Woody Woodpecker (children's roller coaster) and ET.
Somewhere around Jaws, we found a postcard maker, so we got in and made one for Scotty Doesn't Know. It was Spider man, and our faces were in each of his eyes =P Pretty funny, took us forever to get a good photo!
We got out of ET just in time to catch the fireworks and light display, which was pretty good - not as good as Disney of course but still good!
Decided we wanted to let the crowds space out a bit before trying to get a cab, so we headed into the first bar we saw and had a drink - we deserved it after all the running around we did!
Most of the crowd had left after this, so we headed to a taxi and back to the hotel! 13 hours of Universal all amazing!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb