Day 22 - Orlando to Miami, via te Everglades


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
August 8th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

7.30 bags to coach!
Had a couple of stops again, one was at a place called the Dolphin Mall. Huge! Went into a discount Disney shop, and i found a pillow - which seconds as an Eeyore stuffed toy! Soo cute. It was originally $24.95, reduced to $6.99. I couldn't resist! Also found a pressie for someone... Not telling who or what it is!
Got to the Everglades, which I was under the false impression it must have been some kind of rain forest or something. Apparently I was mistaken - its just wetlands. It was soo hot, and not all that interesting... So, that was kinda a waste of a couple of hours.
Finally at Miami - really nice hotel.
Got ready for a big night out! We opted not to have the $50 fancy dinner, and went for $5 pizza instead...
Headed out to two clubs. The first one we had a balcony overlooking the rest of the club to ourselves, with drink specials so that was kinda cool! We then headed to a bit of a salsa place. Really cool, though there was expensive drinks. They had their staff up on the bar dancing. Then all of a sudden MJ came on and someone got up all dressed up, and did the moonwalk and some other Michael dances... Then 2 other guys got up and joined him, and they did Triller!! It was so good, I was dancing along from the floor haha loved it!!
Headed home fairly late, stayed down in the lobby on the net for hours... Then saw people coming downstairs for brekkie and thought maybe it might be time to head to bed...

Advertisement



13th August 2009

Hi Marn, sounds like u are having a great time. Enjoy you last couple of weeks. Love reading your traves blog. xxx

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 997.5kb