Day 20 - Pensacola to Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
August 6th 2009
Published: August 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

7.45 Bags to Coach!
Had a bit of a sleep, stopped at a truck stop... nothing exciting there.
We had another stop at Tallahassee, the capital of Florida, and another at Gainesville, where we went into a Target! Target in the US is more like a Big W... It all looks like Big W... plus they sell food and ice cream too.
Some where along the way we were stuck in traffic for AGES! Standing still on this freeway... not so fun. We finally got closer and saw all these blue lights, realised it was an accident. Everyone was looking out the bus as we went past, as you do coz we're all sticky beaks... Then we all saw a body bag... It was fairly horrible... the smash looked pretty bad... So that put a pretty big dampener on things..
We watched Pirates of the Carribean on the bus too which I was pretty excited about! Love a bit of Johnny =P But I was super tired and slept through it =(
Finally arrived at Orlando!! Were staying at a place called Old Town Suites or something... They weren't all that nice... but they all had 4 rooms, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and lounge room so that was kinda cool!
Got ourselves organised, then Lauren, both Michelles and I went out for dinner... We had dinner vouchers, so we used them. As we were walking home we saw a little spa place, so had a look inside... The creepy guy behind the counter, Rob, ended up giving us shoulder massages... which were nice after sitting on the coach all the time.... but kinda creepy all the same. They were free though so we didn't complain... Much. Also had the chance to buy our tickets for the next day so UK Michelle and I did that. Worked out to be about $20 cheaper to do it that way so that was cool!
Headed back to our hotel, got our washing together and did some... We got lifts in the back of a little golf buggy by security to and from the laundry which was pretty funny.
Headed to bed... Fairly boring day!!

Advertisement



12th August 2009

"Fairly boring day"??!! Not as boring as it is back here trust me!! xx

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb