Day 19 - Norlans to Pensacola


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
August 5th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Fairly non-eventful day, though at the beginning we felt like crying when we were waving goodbye to Sam, Andre and Naman, and especially Scotty Doesn't Know, who was leaving us fairly unexpectedly (he was supposed to finish the tour with us).
We only stopped once, at a navy base in Alabama, before arriving in Pensacola at the beach just after lunch. A few of us went to Hooters for lunch. Definitely not the greatest service, with mistaken meals and confusion over tips (the waitress just assumed how much we were going to tip and barely gave anyone any change.
We went outside onto the beach and just had a bit of a lounge. It was horrible weather, no sun at all, though the water felt really nice and warm. I didn't go in in the end, just couldn't be bothered trying to get dry before heading to our hotel.
Got to our hotel, staying at some Indian hotel. Mich, LV and I headed down to the pool - Michelle wanted to give her knee some rehab work in the pool, and i just had some fun swimming.
Our dinner was at the hotel, and was Indian... Most of us had a bit of trouble eating it.
We went down to a lounge area in the lobby, apparently the only place the free wireless internet actually works. The bar was right there, so just had a drink and chatted with everyone - we were all deciding what we were all going to do on our free day in Orlando - which theme park to go to.
Came back to our room and here I am typing this. Apparently it's a massive bus ride tomorrow to Orlando... Should be fun =P

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0797s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb