Day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
March 24th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oh Captain my CaptainOh Captain my CaptainOh Captain my Captain

Captain's cocktail hour. Drinks on him
Off the coast somewhere.......
Day 1 at sea was a trip. It was so windy they had to close the upper levels of the outside decks. I think they thought people would be blown off the ship, not that anyone would have wanted to be up there. It was not only windy but quite chilly. The lower decks were wall to wall people so it was hard to find a chair were you could sit and soak up some sun. Alas we finally did but had to stay covered up due to the chilly temps. Got some reading in though which was a good thing.
Last night was the formal Captain’s dinner. People were dressed in elegance however the ship was rocking so much from the rough seas that it was hard to stay upright (especially in heals) The crew assured us that calmer seas would prevail and at about 10:30 it was as if someone had switched the ocean for land. The rocking stopped and it felt wonderful. After dinner we went to a comedy show and it was hilarious. Got back to the room at about 10:30 and opened the door to the balcony (which we could actually open because the wind had stopped) The air was much warmer and more humid……



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb