Day 2


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 Jamaica
Finally after a rough day at sea we are in calmer waters.
Woke up at about 7:00 a.m. and saw land. We were in for an adventure today. Up close and personal with dolphins and then the climb up Dunn River Falls. We had an hour to kill before our dolphin adventure so took a walk on the beach. The waves were beautiful as was the color of the water. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures with the dolphins; the handlers took pictures for you and then wanted to sell them, 4 for 20 bucks. But the encounter was awesome. The 4 of us got soaked but got to touch and kiss the dolphins and watch them do tricks in the water. I have attached some pictures that I was able to get before we went for our encounter.
Dunns River Falls was incredible. We rented water shoes and packed our stuff into a locker, then headed to the base of the falls. Water was surprisingly cold but once you got used to it not to bad. Once again however you couldn’t bring your camera as the “guides” took pictures and video and then wanted to sell to you. We opted not to purchase. The falls were not slippery but it was hard to see where the drops were so getting dunked happened on occasion. There were also pools and small falls to explore. People held hands to help each other up. I was lucky that there was a strong guy in front of me that always had his hand out to help. I brought him home.  Got back to the ship at about 3:30 and hit the food line to get a snack. Food just never ends here. Will write more later.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb